Monday, July 1, 2013

July

July



July 1




Me and Fritz

This is one of my favorite pictures.  I actually snapped this with my iPhone one afternoon.  I'm sure you will see more of Fritz, as he is my favorite subject to photograph :) 


July 2



Cedar Waxwings

One morning I caught several Cedar Waxwings taking a break from migrating on a tree outside my window.  There were over 40 in this one tree, and they were beautiful!


July 3


Raindrops

Yesterday we had a little summer storm.  I took this as a good opportunity to grab my camera and step outside- and I am happy with the shot I got!




July 4


Eye Spy

I think close up eye shots are interesting, so I decided to give my eye a try.



July 5


Red, White & Blue

Yesterday was July 4th (Independence Day), and what more is there to say then GO USA!

July 6


 

Got Milk?

Okay, so I chose two photos today because I couldn't pick just one!  Honestly, I don't think cows are that cute, but I caught this mom and her calf between feedings and I thought it was super cute (top photo).  If you look at the picture of the calf he has a milk mustache :) (photo 2)


July 7



Meal Time

I was shooting this Brown Thrasher one afternoon and didn't notice he had a snack in his mouth until I started reviewing my pictures.  I snapped just at the right time! 


July 8


Grand Canyon

I went to the Grand Canyon a few years ago and this is still one of my favorite places.  The pictures never do justice to how beautiful this place is!

July 9


Bug On A Leaf

This little bug caught my eye yesterday, and he did not want his photo taken :)  Unfortunately I'm not good at identifying bugs (maybe a stink bug?). 

July 10


Mushroom

Yesterday we finally had sunshine so I decided to take a hike.  I didn't really see much other than fungi.  I wish I was better at identifying some of these- some of them are so pretty!  I'm sure you'll be seeing more fungi in the near future!


July 11


I saw this rusty trailer on a trail while hiking.   


July 12


Thorns 

There is a fruit bearing plant out in a field where I live that has these big thorns.  I also like the vine growing around the stem.


July 13



Fallen Leaf

This leaf got caught perfectly on barbed wire.  I thought it was so cool and made for a good picture!


July 14


Eeek! A Wasp!

Well of course I do not like any bee or wasp, but it was a good subject to photograph.  And I caught him mid-walk!


July 15


" A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself "

Anyone that knows me knows how much I love animals, especially my two dogs! They make life so much better. (Harper & Fritz)


July 16


Relaxation

I've had so much to do the past few days with packing and getting ready for a trip.  This picture reminds me of my peaceful time on Greenfield Lake in North Carolina. 


July 17


Grey Squirrel

You can't deny the cuteness of squirrels!


July 18


More mushrooms

At the beginning of July we got a lot of rain, and mushrooms popped up everywhere. I found these three in a field by my apartment.  I think some fungi can be so pretty.


July 19


Leaf On A Vine

I like how the sunlight was hitting this one leaf at the Carolina State Park.


July 20 


Toad

Several toads reside outside of my apartment.  This one was very cooperative!

July 21


Common Wood Nymph


July 22



 Sadly, I do not know what this flower is.  This was taken at the New Hanover Arboretum in North Carolina.  I got to photograph several beautiful flowers.  This was my favorite of the day!


July 23


Pollinator

This bee was enjoying his day in the flowers!

July 24 



Bird Watching

I enjoy bird watching from my balcony of my apartment;  I always see a variety of birds.  I especially love the bird mid-flight!

July 25


Auburn Sunset 

I captured this with my iPhone the other evening.  This is my last Auburn sunset for awhile :( But I'll be back soon!

July 26


Morning Dew

Eye level with the grass one morning.

July 27


Drops on a Mushroom

I saw this mushroom one morning at my parents house.  It took a lot of shots to get the perfect one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment